(as of Oct 16,2021 12:12:20 UTC – Details)
•Balanced approach between theory and numericals with concepts explained in detailed.
• Advanced concepts such as three dimensional stresses, the theory of simple bending, theories of failure, mechanical properties, material testing and engineering materials.
• Excellent Pedagogy including questions from previous year question papers of Indian universities.
• Step-by-step methodology provided for solved examples.
• Over 700 figures to help in better understanding of concepts
Table of Contents
1. Simple Stresses and Strains
2. Elastic Constants
3. Principal Stresses and Strains
4. Strain Energy and Impact Loading
5. Centre of Gravity and Moment of Inertia
6. Shear Force and Bending Moment
7. Bending Stresses in Beams
8. Shear Stresses in Beams
9. Direct and Bending Stresses
10. Dams and Retaining walls
11. Analysis of Perfect Frames
12. Defl ection of Beams
13. Defl ection of Cantilevers
14. Conjugate Beam Method, Propped Cantilevers and Beams
15. Fixed and Continuous Beams
16. Torsion of Shafts and Springs
17. Thin Cylinders and Spheres
18. Thick Cylinders and spheres
19. Columns and struts
20. Riveted joints
21. Welded joints
22. Rotating Discs and Cylinders
23. Bending of Curved Bars
24. Theories of Failure