(as of Oct 23,2021 18:18:52 UTC – Details)
Dhaara’s Guide for CDS Entrance Examination provides a thorough preparation for the aspirants of the Combined Defence Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The guide, as per the syllabus notified by the UPSC, is divided into three major parts as per the format of the Examination – Elementary Mathematics, English language and General Knowledge. The Elementary Mathematics covers topics such as profit and loss, simple interest and compound interest, algebraic expressions, indices and surds, mixtures and allegations, co-ordinate geometry, mensuration, trigonometry and data interpretation. The English Language section has study material and adequate practice of MCQs on grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension. The general knowledge part comprehensively covers general science (physics, chemistry and biology-life sciences), history, geography, Indian polity, Indian economy and general awareness. It includes all-inclusive study material and ample MCQs for practice, tagged as per the topic.
• Provides information in easy to assimilate forms such as bulleted lists, tables and charts
• Supports information with illustrations and images such as maps, architectures and graphs
• Begins with special chapter on ‘Career in Defence’, providing details about life in uniform as well as some specific information about the CDS examination.
• Contains over 600 questions in Elementary Mathematics, over 750 questions in English language and over 980 questions in General Knowledge
• Provides an analysis of subject wise questions from previous examinations
New to the Edition:
• Includes over 700 questions on Current Affairs
• Updated section on Indian Economy
• Includes the latest 2016 papers of CDS (I) and CDS (II) with solutions